16 July 2010

Uniquely Singapore? a generi-City project, Features: Kelvin Ang

Kelvin Ang Kah Eng (b. 1972, Queenstown, Singapore. I currently reside in Tiong Bahru)

I was trained in Architecture at the Bartlett School from 1993-1999 on a Government Scholarship.

Since starting work in the public planning sector, I have been focussing on heritage issues relating to the conservation of buildings as well as the how local identity within each part of Singapore could be identified and better protected for future generations.

On a personal level, the diverse histories of Singapore is for me, a resource to be better understood as it should form the basis for the continuous creation a more organic Singaporean identity. Therefore, it is important for such awareness to be cultivated and shared. My Singapore is one that is a multi-ethnic country, where our dreams for happiness, whatever these may be, should have a chance to come true.