Role of Studio Coordinator
10. The responsibilities of the Studio Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
I. Participate at every team meeting and assist the Studio Master in running the Studio
II. Coordinate the participation of Studio Master, team members and any potential partners identified by Studio Master
III. Manage the project to ensure quality and timely delivery
IV. Oversee the execution of the approved project workplan
V. Coordinate and liaise with team and DesignSingapore appointed project manager for all matters concerning the presentation
VI. Coordinate and liaise with the team on all matters concerning the presentation
VII. Manage the timeline and given budget, track expenditure with
regular budget reports to DesignSingapore
VIII. Document project meetings and discussions with photo, video, detailed notes (and other channels as necessary) and submit to DesignSingapore after each session
IX. Submit a full report within 1 month of project termination
11. Minimum qualification and experience requirements are as follow:
I. Degree or diploma in design or design management
II. Experience in project management
III. Strong written and verbal communication skills
IV. Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
V. Able to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
VI. Good team player
VII. Resourceful and self-motivated
Terms and Conditions
12. All applicants must be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents, and deemed to have accepted the following terms and conditions when they submit their application:
a. Short-listed applicants should be available for a short interview with the selection panel, consisting of DesignSingapore Management and Board members. Also refer to Paragraph 15.
b. Applicants will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery of submission materials.
c. An official letter with the full terms of reference will be provided to successful applicants. The studio is expected to commence immediately.
d. DesignSingapore Council as the Commissioner of the Design2050 Studios reserves the right to disqualify any incomplete entries. Please check your submissions carefully.
13. The submission format for interested Studio Coordinators is as follows:
A Curriculum Vitae
Interested candidates are to submit their CV as a soft-copy attachment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Participation in the Design2050 as Studio Coordinator
I. CV to be either a Word document (.doc) or Acrobat document (.pdf)
II. Candidates are free to design the layout of their CV, simplicity is appreciated
III. An email confirmation of submission will be sent within 5 days of receipt
IV. There is no need to send a printed copy
V. Your CV should include:
• Basic bio-data: name, date of birth, citizenship
• List of educational qualifications, with grades of tertiary qualifications or equivalent where applicable
• Complete employment history, with annotations on significant appointments
• Significant or notable achievements (including but not limited to design-related activities or media)
• Travel, hobbies and interests
• Contact information: email, phone numbers, mailing address
• Name and contact information including email of 2 referees
B Design Portfolio
Design portfolio in digital format in any of the following ways: PDF, no larger than 2MB, link to website showcase or via CD/DVD. If submitting a CD/DVD, please enclose both hard and softcopy of your CV in the package. The package should be addressed as detailed below, to be received by the deadline. Please allow adequate time for postage.
C Future Scenario 2050 Essay
Essay on a future scenario for the year 2050. Select one aspect of life and how design can drive change in a practical way, in order to achieve this scenario. To be attached as soft copy, maximum length of 2 A4 double-sided pages, double-spaced in 12 pt Arial.
14. It will be the responsibility of the applicant to ensure delivery to the DesignSingapore Office by 22 June 2009. The Government shall not be held responsible for putting proposals received through the post to the Office by the closing time and date. Every effort, however, will be made by the Government to promptly convey proposals received through the post to the Office. Postage must be pre-paid on all proposal sent through the post
15. Shortlisted candidates will be notified via e-mail by 30 June 2009 and called for an interview which includes a short powerpoint presentation of your essay on "Future Scenario 2050", complete an official application form, and submit certified copies of supporting documents. Selected works from candidates' portfolio should be made available at the interview.
16. For enquiries, please contact:
Ms Charlotte Chin
Design Capability Development
Ministry of Information, Communications and the Arts
140 Hill Street, 5th Storey MICA Building
DID : +65 6837 79434
17. The call is open from 9 June and will close on 21 June 2359hrs.
Click here for more information about Design2050 Studios